This week is pretty hard to describe. It's been like how
Elder Uchtdorf described it in his priesthood session talk last October.
Even if we're in the really slow, beat-up, antique Piper-cup airplane
and it seems the cars below are going faster than us, we have to
remember: we're still flying. The Spanish work here is kind of
slow sometimes, but there are always moments that make the week and help
us remember: we are serving as missionaries in one of the most historic
moments of the Restoration.
This week we were able to teach a family. The
wife is really impressed by everything we teach, and the husband asks a lot of questions, but by the end of every
lesson he is always thinking hard about what we've shared. One of my
favorite moments was when he asked us how long we've been in the church.
I was proud to say with all sincerity "Toda mi vida." And not just mean
that I've gone to church, but that I've been trying to do the right
thing for a long time! That's another thing we talked about to another
investigator this week. He says he wants to do what's right, but that he
loses the motivation and lets his old habits take over. We discussed
the importance of recognizing the blessings of righteous action and
consistenly sticking to good habits like prayer and scripture study. My
testimony was strengthened of how much these daily things build up our
spiritual stamina!!! And also how important that is for our families!
It's amazing how much the Gospel can help you with your family problems.
It's easy to see that choosing correct
principles and showing unselfish love in families is super important!!!
It's hard, really hard, but what is required of us is impossible without
God's help! It's impossible unless we include him in our lives!
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
No comments:
Post a Comment