Familia, amigos, conocidos, y enemigos ;)
Everything has been going awesome!!!! We had a super-fun pioneer day activity with
hot-dogs, watermelon, volleyball, bounce houses, a slip and slide,
basketball, and more! But the best part was: some investigators came!!!!!!! We've been working with them forever, and this
is the first thing they've come to! The wife is SUUUPPER solid, she
reads, prays, looks up mormon.org,
and knows these things are true! But anyways, the
Pioneer day party was a great opportunity for them to meet members and
to see that we are normal people! A couple of weeks ago, the husband thought
all mormons were like missionaries! Haha. It was also a good opportunity
for the ward to get to know us as missionaries a little more. Probably
just because of the activity, the next day at church was packed!
English, Spanish, Brasilian and Marshallese came ready to be edified!
The Spanish Sunday School class was maxed out, filling the little room
allotted to us. The love and fellowship I felt there were comparable to
that one week in my last area when the priesthood and relief society met
together in the branch president's office. (Which is pretty impressive,
because the Spanish Sunday School class usually isn't as
spirit-conducive.) Our hope is renewed that a spanish group will begin here!!
We also found out this week that my first area, which was a branch, is now a ward!!! I'm grateful for the small
part I got to witness of the building of that branch.
This
week I have realized more and been strengthened by the fact that I am a
son of God. Part of it came from when a missionary reminded us what
Elder Bowen taught when he was in our mission: "If you knew who you were
before this life, you would laugh in the face of your toughest
tempations." I really believe that! I also loved when I ran across the
scripture in Moses 1:13
"And it came to pass that Moses looked upon Satan and said: Who art
thou? For behold, I am a son of God, in the similitude of his Only
Begotten; and where is thy glory, that I should worship thee?" When we
do anything other than work to glory God's name, we worship Satan. I
love how JUST the fact of KNOWING that he was a son of God was enough to
motivate Moses to choose the right! I guess this week I remembered a
little bit more whose I am.
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
No comments:
Post a Comment