This is with one of our investigators who absolutely loves us!!! We took this picture
so he could put it on facebook!! haha He wanted to show his family in
Venezuela what real life Mormons look like. He's sweet.
Service day!
We had dinner with a member in our ward who loves Star Wars. He loves it so much he got some suits that are fitted to him!!!!
Texas Trooper!!
Rubber blasters!!
Wow. It's awesome being a missionary! This week I went on an
exchange with the English/Marshallese Elders! That was crazy! I didn't
know a word of what these people were saying, so I just tried to smile
as much as I could and say "Emman" (good) when it got quiet. I learned
some Marshallese, though! I loved serving with the Marshallese elder,
though. He's so humble.
This week we've really focused on an investigator couple. We have an appt with them tonight and we
have a great lesson planned about the Book of Mormon as the keystone of
our religion. If all goes well, that analogy should help them resolve a
few concerns. We just really need to get a member of the church involved
with them.
We had interviews this week and I learned a lot from
President. He's a super hard worker and very consecrated to the work. He
also wants the very best for us, individually. I received some valuable
counsel from him about how we should focus on our strengths as well as our weaknesses! That is so true! As missionaries, or in any position
that a lot is demanded of us, we are asked to do a lot, and when we make
mistakes, it is painfully obvious to us how weak we are! However, even
though the Lord gave us weaknesses to be humble, we have to recognize
our strengths to stay motivated!!!! If we only see our weaknesses we
become discouraged and disheartened. But if we remember that we CAN do
many great things we will be couraged and heartened!!
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.





No comments:
Post a Comment