Monday, July 1, 2013

New Companions, New Mission President!

Last pic with Elder Duncan!

 Birthday decorations!

 Los Tres Amigos! Me, Elder Olvera, Elder Steffensen.

(My sister-in-law Stephenie sent me this picture that her mom took.)
 
 
Wow, this week has been insane!!
 
First, Elder Duncan went home! It was fun being here with him in his last area. I definitely learned a lot from his 2 year's experience! He worked really hard all the way to the end. It's crazy to think that I'll be at that point some day, I just hope it never comes! It definitely helped that I could think about my new companions and making plans for their arrival.
 
Speaking of which, my new companions are awesome! Elder Olvera is a really hard worker! He teaches really clearly so people can understand, and he wants to be obedient! Elder Steffensen is waiting for his visa to come! He's also a really hard worker and he knows a lot about the Gospel!
 
A couple of cool stories this week:
 
We had a really good lesson with a family! We've been trying to teach this family the whole last transfer, but we haven't been able to get in yet. The wife is the only member. But that lesson we had was awesome! We talked a little about the Restoration, left them a scripture reading calendar, and the husband even asked for a blessing! We just need to help him see that it is because of the restored Priesthood power that we have Priesthood blessings. 

On Saturday we taught one couple The Gospel of Christ and how repentance and baptism can invite Christ's influence into their lives and help them cheerfully deal with their problems. In the middle of talking about the Gift of the Holy Ghost, the husband said he wants to be "Baptisized," so he will be preparing to be baptized on August 3.

This morning I finished reading in Alma, and I was thinking a lot about how much the Book of Mormon teaches us correct principles about war and freedom and rights. Being in Texas around this time of the year definitely makes you think to how much God will bless the governments of the land as they are based on righteous principles! I loved in Chapter 61 where it said that the Spirit of God is the Spirit of Liberty!
 
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment