Missionaries walking to the temple
Companions!
August 7, 2012
This one probably won't be that long because I forgot my notes on
what you guys wrote to me, so this one's coming from my heart!!
We
got a new district finally last week!!! They're pretty cool, and it's a
lot more fun to not be the "youngest" missionaries anymore!! The day
before they came in, our district was talking about them. Our branch
president had said that there was a Russian kid coming in, and we were
talking about that. I told everybody that he was only going to be here
for four weeks learning Spanish. They reacted, and then I said "Oh,
yeah. He's really 'Russian'." It was pretty hilarious!!!! Gotta continue
the legacy of Frank!!!!
Elle asked me if I had met my goal of getting fat. I
only said that because I didn't think I could do it, but the CCM food
proved me wrong!!! I gained ten pounds in the first three weeks!!
Needless to say, I gave away half of my popcorn and I am now doing
pushups and situps every night.
This last week was a really spiritually uplifting!! We
got to start going to the temple on P-day every morning starting last
week, so I've been twice! I love going there and feeling the Lord's love
for the other missionaries!! In the MTC, they are who they are with
their imperfections and peculiarities, but in the temple it's easier to
see them as worthy sons and daughters of God!!! It really puts a
perspective on what they mean when they say to imagine your
investigators in white!!!!!!!!!
This Sunday was fast Sunday, and we didn't have any
time to prepare to teach our investigator first thing Monday morning
because Elder Jensen had District Leader meetings. So, I fasted that we
could know what were the right things to teach him. That day at mission
conference one of the MTC presidency told us that if we wrote down our
impressions from the Spirit, we would be more sensitive to the spirit.
That Sunday night while I was praying, I asked again that Elder Jensen
and I could know what things we needed to teach Joty the next morning,
and something popped into my head. I wanted to finish my prayer, but I
remembered the counsel we had gotten that day, so I wrote it down in my
planner before continuing. I did, and as soon as I went back to praying I
thought of something else, so I wrote it down and it happened again.
The next day we taught and it was exactly what Joty needed!! Este
experiencia muestro que el espiritu santo es real, y que podemos obtener
revelacion de Padre Celestial!!!! Nosotros no estamos ensenando un
investigador real, pero si ayunamos y oramos con verdadera intencion,
podemos recibir respuestas!!!! La Iglesia es verdadera!!!
Last week at the Devotional, (by the way... Mom, we sit
right by the ASL interpreters every week!! **temptation** haha,
chiste!) Rex Pinegar gave us an address about missionary work
(surprise!!!!!!). It was really inspirational, and helped me really
recommit to be focused this last week and work my hardest every day!!!
Just like Mom always says I'll make today my BEST DAY EVER!!!!! (But tomorrow will be EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!)
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
Texas flag (Elder Jensen's creation)
No comments:
Post a Comment