Elder Barney & me
With Elder Goodwin
Elder Brooks & me
With Elder Asay
Elder Hill & me
PHS peeps! From the left: Elders Josh Walker, Wesley Valdez, Cameron Olson, Scott Houghton, Kyle Bringhurst, Matt Jones, Me, Adam Evans, Christian Santiago, Mitch Henderson
August 21, 2012
email:
I feel like with every passing week I learn some awesome and new way to help others come to Christ I just want to use to help people!! Probably for this reason more than any, I can't wait to go to Texas in three weeks!!!!
We saw an address that Elder Holland gave at the MTC
once on Sunday that talked about how we are the Lord's servants doing
the Lord's work. For this reason we have to do it the Lord's way. No
wonder obedience is such a key thing in missionary work. Just like Mom
wrote to me, the spirit is key in people's lives. But the only way that
missionaries can teach is by the spirit. And the only way to have the
Lord's Spirit is by doing the Lord's work the Lord's way!! I'm glad you
guys are reading the white bible (missionary handbook) so then you can encourage me to be
obedient!!!!!
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
letter to answer my question 'what do you do on P-days?':
P-days are super chill. We go to the temple in the morning & eat breakfast there (a welcome change from the MTC food). Once we get back to the residency it's home free for letter writing, shoe polishing, showering, "siesta-fiesta"-ing, going to the bookstore, working out, eating lunch, but mostly just writing letters. We do any and all of this in the late morning/early afternoon. Oh, yeah - I forgot. We also study for usually an hour. We go do our laundry at 3 and have dinner at 5:30. After that we have devotional and a district meeting, then return to the residency. Like I said, it's pretty chill.
Te Amo, God Bless Texas!
Elder Black
"The Church is true and the Book is blue!" He's so awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteHow cool is it to have so many PHS boys together! Love that picture!
Awesome group photo! Could you email me a copy???
ReplyDeleteAnnette
panamajonesevans@gmail.com