Monday, February 25, 2013

Happy Monday

February 25, 2013

Things are going well here! Our investigator was baptized on Saturday! She usually doesn't show too much emotion, so it's hard to tell when she's excited, but she was crying because she was so happy!!!
 
We also got to go give a blessing to a member in the hospital who was about to have a baby. Her boyfriend isn't a member, and we haven't really had the chance to teach him at all. We gave her the anointing and then a nurse came in to check up on her, so we had to wait for a few minutes to finish the blessing. We got talking to the boyfriend and he told us he felt like he just wants to raise the kid right. We said something like "Well, the Gospel definitely helps with that" and that led to a bunch of questions that he had. So, in a couple of minutes we ended up teaching him the whole first lesson. We then gave the blessing and left, but it was really cool to see how the Lord works in strange ways to spread his word around! They ended up having the baby the next day and everything went well!
 
On Friday we went to go see a less-active member whose brother is really close to dying. We shared the Plan of Salvation with her and the doctrines of what happens after this life and temple work definitely helped to bring her comfort. She wants to be able to go to the temple and get the work done for him.

I love working with Elder Munoz! I feel like every day we are doing more what we need to do to please the Lord. It is really satisfying to see the progress, I just have to be careful because it's pretty easy for me to get complacent.

It's easy to tell Elder Munoz is out here for the right reasons: to build up the kingdom of God. He definitely tries to do everything he can! He is happy to be in a car area, (despite the fact that he might gain a few pounds) but is willing to jump on the bikes too. He has a really strong testimony of the Restored Gospel and shares it with all we meet. That's probably the thing I've learned from him the most so far: share my testimony with everyone.
 
I love y'all! Happy Monday.
 
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment