Christmas 2012 - I'm so happy! I put all the ornaments on our little tree.
Baptism of Ezequiel. He was taught by missionaries for 6 years! (Feb. 2, 2013)
February 11, 2013
Elder Black is having some awesome missionary experiences. He says that in many ways his new area is totally different from his last area. As far as the climate goes, this area is more warm and arid. It is also a more isolated city and a smaller branch, but the members in both places are really friendly and really loving.
Here is an excerpt from his letter today:
The one week we remembered to bring the calendar the whole week filled up with dinners, so whether or not we have dinners depends on whether we remember to bring our calendar to church. My breakfast plan has shifted a little bit. There are three of us right now that have to shower/eat/get ready in an hour so I have to go with the slightly more time-effective Cheerios in place of oatmeal, but it is basically the same.
Right now we mostly drive, but we're working towards getting out of the car more. Elder Cobia got his visa, so now we're just waiting for a phone call to find out when he leaves. My guess is next Monday.
We actually got a crazy storm the other night. I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and there was tons of lightning and thunder everywhere in the whole sky! It was also pouring buckets!!! The next day some trees were blown over, and I even saw a couple of downed flag poles!
The work is going awesome here!!! I love the people, the members and the other missionaries! I never want to come home!!!
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.



No comments:
Post a Comment