Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My new area is incredible!!!

January 22, 2013

Hey, y'all! Glad to hear everything's going awesome in Provo!!
 
My new area is a nice little area!  It is a lot more like what you imagine when you think of Texas, while Lewisville was a little more like Houston. I'm pretty sure that's just because it is just a little place. I am trying to learn the new area pretty quick, and there are some fantastic people here! My companions are Elder McKinnon and Elder Cobia (my second visa waiter!!). Elder McKinnon is a great person, and a phenomenal missionary! We actually found out that I was fixing his bathroom fan once while he was in the shower (at BYU)!!!! Small world huh? ahah. ;) Elder Cobia was companions in the MTC with a kid I went to high school with. They are both awesome!!
 
I don't actually drive, or sit in the passenger's seat. I sit in the back. We figured Elder Cobia is going to his mission soon where he's not going to get to ride in a car, so he gets the cushy seat for now.
 
This was Elder Long's first area, so he told me how it was before I got here, but it's even better than he said!!! He told me there was a minivan here, and it was still here when I got here!! It was awesome!! But, on Friday we had interviews with President Sagers, and the Assistants to the President brought us a new car!!!!!!!!!!! It's super nice, and it's a sedan! So much for the party van! haha The branch is way smaller than the one in Lewisville, (30 active members, the branch president teaches Gospel Doctrine, plays the piano in sacrament meeting, and sometimes even teaches priesthood.) but the members are still amazing! Especially the Branch President! 
 
Being the Senior companion isn't that different. Basically the only difference is that my Spanish is a little better, and I have to be a little more accountable for the companionship. But I am definitely learning and working as I go!! The Temple District is basically its own Zone out here in the boonies!  I get to be around the same six missionaries the whole time here!!
 
As far as the work goes, things are going great!!! We have a baptismal date right now with an investigator who is a 20-year-old who likes to party, but he definitely knows why it's important to obey the commandments!
 
Maria is an older lady who wants to be baptized, she just needs to find a new job, and then she'll be able to come to church.
 
There's a lot of work to do and a lot of people to find!!!!! I love it here!!!!
 
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment