Thursday, November 1, 2012

The mission is the best!!!

 Because we have not seen any new pictures of Elder Black for a while I had to go through his MTC pictures and see if there were any that have not been posted on the blog yet.  Here's what I found. 





October 28, 2012
 
To answer some questions...
 
Claire: We sure are trying to follow the Holy Ghost the best we can!!
 
Owen: I think they like me here. I'm not sure, but everybody has to like the missionaries, right?!?! I didn't see the Backyardigans here...maybe we can teach them the gospel...hmm.
 
I'm not believing Luke (one of his college roommates) is engaged until I get a wedding invitation from him in the mail. That picture on Facebook is the exact kind of joke they would make!!!
 
I'm also trying to figure out what's up with my SD card. The photocenter guy in Wal-mart thinks it could have gotten melted inside or something when it was in the mail. So I might not be able to get those pictures. I'm going to Best Buy today, and if they can't help me, I think I'm just going to buy a card reader so I can upload pictures every week instead so I don't break another card. But, you know. We'll see.  (Allen tried to send home an SD card and it was locked.  That explains the lack of new photos for so long.)
 
Did you get my question about Dad's mission? I can't remember... Anyways, what years did he serve his mission, and in what part of the Dominican Republic? There's a sister in our branch from the Dominican Republic that got baptized 21 years ago there.
 
The Lord has really been blessing us with a lot of lessons with people. Elder Galvez and I are deciding to commit to be more bold and invite people to be baptized!!
 
We have been having trouble trying to get members to come on exchanges with us, and this week it seemed like things are going to go back to how they were, but just slowly. We were able to have a couple more exchanges, and it's really easy to see how much the members matter in the missionary work!!!! Without their help in teaching, fellowshipping and friendship, the missionaries would definitely be a lot less effective!!!!

This week we found and taught this couple Mauro and Jackie who are having some problems, but we know how much the Gospel can bless their lives! We're going to set a baptismal date this week hopefully! They really want to know what's right, and they learn really fast!
 
An investigator we've been teaching since last week, Pablo, was all of a sudden doing really well. He liked that we go out and serve for two years, and he said he wanted to serve a mission. When we told him he would have to get baptized and stuff first he asked us "¿Cómo puedo ser bautizado?" It was awesome!!! He also came to church with us, which hasn´t happened yet! There hasn´t been anyone at church except Pablo!! He really liked it and realized all of the members are great people, not just the missionaries. Sadly, he is moving today...He´s going to Cuero or Gonzales Texas, but he doesn´t know where because he is just going to find work. We´re just hoping and praying he finds missionaries there, because he is so prepared to receive the eternal blessings that come from the Gospel!!!!! It´s amazing how attached you can get to a person in such a short time!!
 
My Spanish is getting better! I am definitely able to understand much better than I could at first! There are three sets of missionaries in our branch, and the other two are in the Dallas mission. One of the Sister missionaries went home, and a new Sister fresh out of the MTC is here. By the end of church she looked super frizzled. I can definitely sympathize with that!! It´s the first day of basically all Spanish in the mission field and it´s hard!!! It made me look back and I was able to see some improvement from back six weeks ago when I first got here to now. I can definitely understand a lot more!!!!!!

I love you all, I know the Gospel is true, and I love just being able to see others be blessed by repenting and changing their lives!! The mission is the best!!!
 
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment