October 22, 2012
First off, I have a question for Dad. What years did he serve his
mission, and in what part of the Dominican Republic? There's a sister in
our branch that got baptized 21 years ago when she lived in the
Dominican Republic. That would be insane if he knew her!!!!!!
I got a letter from the Tingeys, but you might already know
that because it came with gummy bears, worms, and a KitKat and
a Reese's. If not, the Tingeys sure are inspired when considering the
things they would send! It's been amazing to know there are so many
people supporting me back home!!!!!! I am grateful for the prayers of
everyone and I know that the Lord answers prayers and has definitely
helped me a ton in the missionary work so far!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much
for everything!!!!!!!!!
This week has been awesome!!!! We've been trying to
find as many people to teach as we can, and it has paid off!!! We're
teaching a lot of lessons, but we're having a little trouble finding
members to help us. There are only a few in our area, but they're all
awesome!!!!!!!! We are trying to do everything possible to involve
members and help them be excited about missionary work!!!!!
Luis Febo, who previously accepted the invitation to be
baptized set a date this week!!! For November 10th!!! We'll have to see
how he feels about it, we haven't talked to him in a couple days, but
he is reading the scriptures and doing everything we challenge him to
do, and if he keeps it up we know he will be able to make this important
ordinance on the 10th!
We taught Alex about the Plan of Salvation and how we
can live and love and grow with our families forever after death, and he
really liked that!!!!! His wife is still back in Honduras right now and
he's working to support her and his kids. He expressed that he has been
receiveing tons of blessings ever since we started visiting him, and he
said he would start coming to church soon. He also asked us to "help me
with my vice of smoking." He is really feeling the Spirit and wanting
to make changes in his life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raul is doing awesome! His transition from investigator
to member was so natural!!! He reads from the teachings of George
Albert Smith book the Elder's Quorum gave him, and he wants to keep
progressing throught the steps of priesthood and everything!!!!!
A new investigator that is doing pretty awesome is
Carlos! We knocked on his door and he said we could come back (en otro
dia) just like everyone always says!! But we came back, and he invited
us in and we had a really good lesson about the Restoration!!!! We came
back the next day and talked a little bit about the Plan of Salvation,
and he was really open to both lessons. He loves to read and he lives by
himself, and he loves learning and talking about God!!!!!
On Friday we ate dinner with a family whose mother is
from Peru. She wanted to make a bunch of Peruvian food because Elder
Galvez is Peruvian. It was really good!!!!! But the family had a bunch
of little kids, and it was kind of like being back at home! They had a
little kid that is exactly the same age as Benson, and he was almost as
cute! When we left all of the kids were saying "Chao," and it was pretty
dang cute!!! Make sure you tell that kid about me!!! I don't want him
to forget!!!!!!! But don't worry, I'm not getting trunky!!!
This week is transfers, and today Elder Galvez and I
got the good news that we get to stay together for the next transfer!!! I
love working with him!!!! Elder Galvez says that "with us it just comes
naturally!"
We had this really great stake conference yesterday in
the Dallas mission because that's where our branch goes to church. The
mission president spoke and it was Devin Durrant! I remember a year or
two back we had a big YSA activity where he did a workshop I was in and
he said that if any of us went to his mission to let him know! That's
pretty hilarious that I ended up getting called to the mission next
door! Anyways, the Stake Conference was super good, and I learned a lot
about things to help me build unity in my companionship.
We've gotta get going, but I love you all!!!!!
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
No comments:
Post a Comment