First off, I got some questions to answer!!
We
actually found out this week that we can go to the temple once a
quarter!!! We will get to watch General Conference in the stake
center!!!
On p-days we do everything we need to to get
ready for the week. We shop, write letters, clean the apartment, do
laundry. We also sometimes play volleyball or basketball, but P-day is
over at 5. At five we get back into the Missionary Work!!!!!!! I
actually do get the chance to speak Spanish a ton!!!! Usually we only
teach in Spanish, and try to talk in only Spanish if we're not in the
apartment. President Sagers is awesome!!! He always tries to help us out
with any spiritual and temporal guidance he can in trainings. Something
that I like that he said on the first day is that he said he and his
wife will love us like we're his kids! That basically sums up the
motivation behind everything he does.
And of course I love my
Companion!!!!!!
On to business:
We rode our bikes for the first time yesterday!! It was really
refreshing!! We have a goal that we're going to ride them two days a
week from now on! That will help us stay skinny!!
This
week was super busy! We went on two exchanges with the Flower Mound 2nd
and 3rd ward missionaries. It really makes me grateful I have my
companion, and that I am teaching the Gospel in the Spanish
language!!!!!! Even if I don't always understand them, they are always
more willing to talk about church-y stuff than white people are!!!! And
the East Asians too! Fun fact: Fort Worth has the second
highest concentration of Burmese people in the world!! Topped only by
Burma!!! We usually call them Chin, but nobody knows how to speak their
language, so if you knock on a Chin door, you say "Hi, have a good day!"
and just give them a card.
Our zone had another baptism this week!!! It was Thomas. He got the previous problems cleared up and it was really
awesome to see how much he has changed! His entire countenance just was a
lot more confident!!!!! He is really following the teachings of Christ
and changing his life for the better!!!!
On Wednesday night we were walking through this
apartment complex, when these kids stopped us. It was a black kid and
two hispanics. They said they were 10, 8, and 7 (respectively).They
asked if we were people from the church and if we would pray with them.
We talked a little bit about prayer and why we pray, and then I prayed,
and then each one of them prayed. It was really cool!!!!!! They really
have a ton of faith!!!! I don't know if I would have ever asked some
people walking by to pray with me and then prayed in the middle of a
parking lot when I was ten!!!!!
On the same day we went to the hospital to visit the
friend of a less-active member. In the lobby, a lady walking with her
husband (I think) asked, (kind of loudly) "Missionaries from the Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?" Apparently she is a really
less-active member, and her man is investigating the church. They are
from Illinois, but they were in the hospital visiting their dad who had
Pnemonia really bad. So we went and gave him a blessing. You could tell
that at least for the lady it was a HUGE help!! It's really obvious that
she has a ton of faith, because she was just seeing how much the Lord
has blessed them since they started looking into the church. It was
crazy, because our dinner appointment cancelled on us, and we just kind
of decided to drop by the hospital. The lady immediately recognized that
it was no accident that we were there!! The Lord really does love each
one of us and really wants to bless us!!!! He has a plan for us and if
we are righteous, we can find happiness!!!!!!!!!!
One more thing... my new favorite scripture!!!!!!!
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
No comments:
Post a Comment