You're a marked man, Jack Sparrow!
Elder Helie on Banana Saturday
He broke his light and we fixed it!
Last night with Elder Houghton!!
September 4, 2012
This has been a pretty crazy and awesome and sweet week!!!
First
off, last Thursday we got our travel plans!!!!! We fly straight to
Dallas-Fort Worth Airport from Salt Lake!!!!!!! We are so excited!!! I get to be the travel group leader
which basically means I call in the big guns if anyone misses their
plane, so we´ll have to see if there´s any stories about that next
week!!!!
Last Wednesday Elder Jensen got sick, and he was
pretty sure it was a sinus infection. We went to the doctor and he
prescribed him some antibiotics we had to walk down to the Student
Health Center in Wymount to get. It was weird seeing the streets and
sidewalks I was so used to driving on in a golf cart. It was an
uneventful trip, but it´s always fun to get to go to the ´´real world.´´
The next day on Thursday Elder Jensen had an appointment at the MTC
Clinic at 9:40, but he woke up with a pretty high fever that increased
every half hour. To make a long story short, we went to the clinic at 8
to get him looked at, but they basically blew him off and told him to
come back at 9:40. He was already running a fever in the
high 103 range, and if it kept up he wouldn´t be doing very well at
9:40. We gave him a blessing back in the Residency, and I really felt
impressed to bless him to be calm and comforted and to know that
whatever happens is the will of the Lord. He definitely cooled off, and I
think it helped his fever too. By his appointment he was back down in
the low 101´s. The power of the priesthood is a real thing, people!!!
The Lord really has given his power to men on the earth today, and if we
have faith he will work great miracles among us!!!!
As my MTC stay comes to a close, I am really grateful
for all of the help I have received from others, but especially from the
Lord. He has helped me re-commit every day to improve myself the next
day and be even more diligent and obedient and invite the Spirit more
every day. I know I´m not a perfect missionary, but through the
Atonement of Christ he can make my weaknesses strong, and I have seen
that as I strive to be better every day. I am so grateful for the
message we have to share, and I am super-animado compartirlo con la
gente en Tejas!!!!!
-God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:
Post a Comment