Monday, February 24, 2014

Another great week!

On Saturday a child of record was baptized! Since her father couldn't baptize her, he asked Elder Jensen to. He said that the missionaries were very special to him and that they were the ones he trusted to stand in his place. I don't think I ever saw Elder Jensen stand taller than when he accepted that responsibility. It was an instance where I was able to understand a little more about the Atonement. Her dad literally had NO way of being able to baptize his daughter without making her wait, so he had to be meek and humble and ask Elder Jensen if he would stand in his place. We similarly depend on Christ to endure our trials and to overcome our weaknesses. We simply cannot do it alone! We have to live the most worthily we can and be the best we can and then come to his feet and ask for his help.
 
We also have a family whose son was baptized last June and never confirmed. We just recently got back in contact with them because they finally moved back to Fort Worth. They are a solid family, we just have to involve the members to help them come to church and help the parents get married, and they will be prepared for baptism! They have had a lot of miraculous changes in the past few months by which the Lord has been preparing their family.

Have a great week!
 
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment