Monday, January 6, 2014

Feliz Ano Nuevo! y feliz dieta nueva! ;)

Inline image 2



This past week we watched a video of Thomas S. Monson's talk: I Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee with our recent investigator. She loved it! Before the talk she was telling us that bad things haven't really happened ever since we started visiting her, but that this last week she had had some family issues come up. This was sad to her because this week was New Years, a time to be happy and enjoy time with our families! But she said that she is grateful because now that she trusts more in God and Jesus Christ she doesn't take things as hard. I was excited because we had felt like a video of President Monson's talk would help her most to understand the concepts of living prophets. After the video she too agreed that it was exactly what she needed at this time of her life!!! She said that she felt the Spirit strongly tell her he was a prophet when he said that sadness and suffering are universal and when he said:

"The difficulties which come to us present us with the real test of our ability to endure. A fundamental question remains to be answered by each of us: Shall I falter, or shall I finish?" 

The member that was with us literally looked dumbfounded after the video. He was just staring at the TV screen and it took a minute for him to join in the conversation and share his astonishment that the talk was about the exact thing we had been discussing before the video.

She is going to be baptized this week, and during her interview after church she told our district leader: "I wasn't 100% sure about this church and getting baptized until the other day when I heard Senor Monson say exactly what I needed, I knew."

I testify that Thomas S Monson is God's ordained prophet on the earth chosen to teach us what we need to know and do to return and live with God. I have felt it as I follow his counsel and when I see the love in his eyes when he speaks to us.

God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment