Monday, January 20, 2014

Adios Arlington!

Well, I'm being transferred this week! I'll miss Elder Aguirre but I'll be serving with my MTC companion, Elder Jensen! It'll be fun to get to know him a little better and just doing work together!!
I'll definitely miss Arlington, though. Especially our most recent investigator. She's one of the people we've been working with the least amount of time, but she has progressed so fast! This last week her daughter was having some problems in her home so she stayed the week in her mothers house. She said that ever since her mother's baptism and confirmation and throughout the week she felt the spirit very strongly. She has felt like a weight has been lifted off of her shoulders. This weekend things got a little more complicated for her so she wasn't able to come to church, and she now has a huge decision to make for her family. The past three years she had been wanting to make a decision, but she didn't get the courage to until she came to church and felt the Spirit. Throughout the entire lesson the Hymn "God Speed the Right" in Spanish was going through my head. In Spanish the hymn is "Dios da Valor." Literally, God Gives Courage. That is so true!!! We are nothing until we realize who we are as children of God and what he is willing to grant us in courage. If we will act he will make the difference!
Short email this week, but I can't wait to tell all about my new area next week!
 
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment