A huge ice storm hit Texas this week, and our area was hit pretty hard! All the missionaries in the area were on foot the whole weekend. Church was cancelled, and a huge choir concert the stake was going to have was cancelled as well. Though this might seem like bad news, it was SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!! Basically, put in its best terms, all the missionaries in the area got to ice-skate to all of their appointments all weekend. It was a blast!
Elder Aguirre was really enjoying himself!
Also, some of our investigators are starting to discover the Spirit of the Book of Mormon. Our investigators have never progressed so fast as when they are putting their own time to study from it! I just can't explain how amazing the effects it has are! There is one investigator who can't read who listened to a large chunk of Christ's ministry on the American continent on her own and she loved every second of it! She learned why she needed to be baptized, the importance of the sacrament, the gift of the Holy Ghost! She asked us a lot of questions that were geared towards her progression such as why she needed to get married before baptism and when she could take the sacrament! If nothing else, when our investigators have read in the Book of Mormon they have felt, if not seen, the vision that we as missionaries have for them and it motivates them to reach their potential!
gotta go, but here are some more fun pictures:
Yeah, right. :)
Frozen wildlife. It seriously just rained ice that coated everything!!!!
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
Could I get his current address by any chance? I have a letter for him but I'm not sure where to send it. Thanks! If you want to email it to me my email is brontejcampbell@gmail.com. Thanks again!
ReplyDelete