Monday, November 11, 2013

Another packed week

This was an insane week!!!!! The couple I mentioned in my last letter were baptized and married!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the couple that Elder Dekker and I met 7 weeks ago. It was such an awesome thing to see! At their wedding the best part was when the bride came in with her dad. At first everyone was seated, but when she got to the far side of the aisle and everyone stood up, I felt the spirit super strong right there testifying about families and the sacred and powerful nature of the covenants they were about to make! It was beautiful! And the baptism on Sunday was also very spiritual. You could tell how much they wanted to be baptized! I have never seen anyone that wants to strive for change as much as this couple! 7 weeks is a short time, but it's enough to change your life. It's amazing how the Lord placed them in our path that day 7 weeks ago. We shared the same Restoration message that we share with all people. We didn't do anything different. But they did something different. Their hearts were open to the message, and now they have received of its ordinances! We're so happy for them!
It was awesome to see the coordination between members and missionaries on this also! The wedding was almost completely planned and carried out by the sister missionaries and the members in the ward. The members were also going with the English elders all of the time to visit and provide their support! That ward hadn't had a baptism in almost a year, and now the entire ward is on fire! They are unified in a cause! That is one instance where the Lord calls his people Zion. 


The family we are working with is still progressing.  The wife stood up in relief society and announced she would be baptized. We have yet to set a date with her because her husband still isn't ready, but she's itching to have it done. Work is progressing, the Zone is doing well! I love my companion! The Lord lets us feel his Spirit! This is the mission life!!!

God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment