Monday, October 21, 2013

Super-awesome

The Ward Mission Leader from my first area 

This has been a jam-packed week for sure!!! I can't believe how much went on this week! Seriously, last Monday seems like it was such a long time ago!
 
Elder Rafael E. Pino of the seventy visited us this week! The coolest thing about it is that he doesn't speak English! He's from Venezuela and he had to have translation the entire time! It was really cool to be a Spanish missionary this week in the mission! It feels like a lot of the things we receive training on and the normal strengths and weaknesses of the mission are based largely off the English part. This week my testimony expanded to see the counsel from a Spanish perspective! We had a fireside on Tuesday in Spanish where all the members and missionaries from the Fort Worth area were invited to come and receive instruction specific to the Spanish community. It was the same as what we hear in general conference. It was the same that we hear in our zone conferences. But it was different. It was special. It was easy to see that the Spirit and revelation from the leading organizations of the church is the same, no important the language or culture!
 
One specific counsel he gave us was based on the scripture in 3 Nephi 11:31-32
 
31 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, I will declare unto you my doctrine.
32 And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me...

The verses go on to explain that the doctine is faith, repentance and so on, but what Elder Pino pointed out to us was that it was first the Father's doctrine. Then He gave it to Christ. Then Christ made it His doctrine. and now he declares it to us. Do we make it our doctrine? I loved that! I have been working in my studies to understand the scriptures and embracing their meaning and applying them in my actions. To let them get in my heart and become a part of me. Become mine. I'm looking forward to the change in my own attitude towards the Gospel as I make it mine.

Super-awesome, right?

We had a bunch of other miracles happen this week. This is truly the Lord's hastening time. I love y'all!!!!!!!


God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

The other cool thing about the Spanish fireside with Elder Pino is that I got to see a bunch of members and investigators from my old areas!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment