Me and Ethan!!
Me and Dallin Carlson
Me and Russell Wilson
Elder Marcus Jensen in the classroom (this is Allen's companion)
Elder Jensen and I with the "cookie couple", our senior companion friends who gave us cookies.
Left to right: Elder Ben Miles, Elder Rees, Elder Jensen, Me, Elder Paul O'Donnell,
Elder Helie, Elder Mason.
A picture from our first temple walk.
(I assume this is his MTC district.)
My tag
YSA 54th Ward Picture!!
Right to left, starting with Ethan: Ethan Otterstrom, Russell Wilson, James Hill, Marc Berbert, Dillon Pappenfuss, Me, Sunnie Lund, Cody Hansen, Tanner Long, Zachary Motto, Corbin Byers, Ty Brooks, Jayden Goodwin.
More YSA 54th Ward
Me, Elder Davis, Elder Conklin (leaving), Elder Johnson (Pelo Fuego), Elder Reidhead
Pelo Fuego, Elder Rees (leaving), Me
Me & Elder Willie
Elder Seipert (leaving) & me
Before I get started, why are there no Mexican firefighters?
Because they can't tell the difference between Hose-A and Hose-B!!!!!
Elder Jensen comes from a long line of firefighters, and that was his joke that he told the other day!!!
Big thanks for Frank, Wendy, Jeff, Sherry, Melinda,
Halie, Kristen, and Madison for all of my "hand"written letters!! I
guess you could say my day was hand-made!!!! (These were Allen's boss and co-workers at BYU)
This
week we taught our first "investigator" some more, and one day she was
gone so we taught her "husband" who was a lot tougher. Even though we
haven't really made any language mistakes yet, we goofed up really bad
with Marcos (the husband). Elder Jensen bore his testimony that Jesus
Christ "bit" for him, Elder Miles asked him to pray to the Book of
Mormon, Elder O'Donnell told Marcos that his companion was dead, and
Elder Mason said he could join them the next time they were SEEING his
wife!!!! He freaked out about the last one!!! Now he thinks Mormons are
crazy!!!
Mitchell Graves is in the CCM, I see him just about
every Monday when I am on my way to the field and he is on his way back.
I think I would recognize the Jensen boy. (Mitchell and 'the Jensen boy' are two of Allen's cousins.) Plus, Elder Jensen notices
the Jensens when when he sees their nametags, so he'll help me keep an
eye out for him.
As a district leader, I basically pick people to direct
the music and to say opening and closing prayers, pass on instructions
from the branch and zone leaders, and try to be an example of obedience
to them. It's not too hard, but I sometimes forget that I need to be an
example, so I repent.
I don't think that we get to be New Missionary Hosts until our 6th week here. So it's still a few weeks until I get to do that.
You
can tell bishop that I pick for my scripture 1 Nephi 2:16: And it came
to pass that my father dwelt in a tent. I really like this scripture
because of all of the deep meanings that can be construed from it and
how well it applies to missionaries, and especially my mission in Texas.
On Saturday, I got to the end of the day where we have a
planning session to plan our next day, and I realized it was the 21st.
So I didn't forget about Julia's birthday!!! Hello, world!!! This is me
saying I have the best 16-years-old sister ever!!!!!!!!! She is the
best, better than the rest! She is the best, oh, yes it's true... People
kept telling me to tell her "Feliz Cumpleano" for them. All I had to
say was: You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you
think it means... those are for you, girl!!!!!
I am learning soooo much!!! We started learning this
week about how to begin teaching. It's amazing how much we learn out of
Preach My Gospel!!! This is for all of those young men out there: if you
want to know everything about being a missionary, study Preach My
Gospel!!!! We are almost done teaching our first investigator, Mari. I
think we've basically all gotten her to commit to read in the Book of
Mormon and pray to know if it's true. We have to teach her husband
Marcos again on Thursday, so we're going to have to lay some groundwork
that will help it so he doesn't think we're crazy!!
We have Journey Karaoke time every morning in the
shower. Needless to say, I lead such outbreaks of song. It's pretty
great!!! Tomorrow I'm thinking Billy Joel...
Yo se
que el Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. Yo se que Jose Smith vi
el Padre Celestial y su hijo, Jesucristo. Amo mi familia, y estoy
agradecido por su amor y oraciones. Estoy agradecido por todos mis
amigos! La Iglesia es verdadera!!!
Me gusta cartas!! (hint, hint)
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
http://www.lds.org/liahona/1979/07/absolute-truth?lang=eng
ReplyDelete