Monday, July 16, 2012

Day One

Curbside drop-off on July 11, 2012.

We got a letter from Allen in the mail this afternoon!
July 11, 2012

Mom, Dad and Family,

I love you guys!! My P-day isn't until next Tuesday, so I'm just writing a quick letter home to let you know that I'm here, I'm safe, and I'm still excited and enthusiastic about serving my mission!! I know some people get overwhelmed after their first day, but I actually feel for the first time that I can be prepared to serve in 9 weeks if I work hard and always have the spirit!! If the first day is any indication, the spirit is almost always going to be strong and I'll learn so much.

My companero is Elder Jensen from Tooele.  He is so cool and I feel like this is the beginning of a beautiful companionship!!  I love you all, and I miss you (but not too much!!  No worries!!)

God Bless Texas,
Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment