Monday, April 29, 2013

Tons of Love from Texas!!!!!!!!!!!

April 29, 2013


Elder Munoz and I got a visa waiter this week!!!!! His name is Elder Solomon, and he is an incredible missionary!!!!!!!! He's humble, he knows what needs to happen and he's dedicated! Unto us a child is born, No? We have been able to really focus and get stuff done! I am happy to have two companions that work hard and want to reach goals. For example, on Saturday while we were planning, we saw that we needed 5 lessons with members to reach that goal. Even though we only have 3 hours of proselyting on Sunday, we set some plans and prayed for the faith to carry them out. Though we didn't have 5 Member-present lessons, we were able to have 2 and three other lessons. It goes to show that focusing on our goals is definitely the way to go!!! We've been able to work really hard this week!
 
We are going to have a training this weekend with some general authorities! Elder Cook (apostle), Elder Soares (Pres. of 70), Elder Valenzuela (70), and Elder Villarreal (70) will be visiting our mission! We are excited to learn and to receive instruction from an Apostle of the Lord!
 
This past week we got to serve a lot and teach a lot! We heard that we might get to help with the West fertilizer plant explosion cleanup sometime soon. That will be sweet!
 
As we've been helping Elder Solomon know missionary work in the field better, it reminds me of when I first came into the field. Even though Elder Solomon was only in the MTC for 6 weeks, he came just as prepared as me, if not more so!! It also helps to have a refresher on the basics. This past week we have been able to see more of the fundamentals of missionary work than we had been looking for before. I love you all!!!

God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment