In my email to Elder Black this week I told him about a powerful fireside that was given for the young men in our local stake and their parents on Sunday evening by our stake president, President Bell. He spoke a lot about being prepared for "your finest hour" and emphasized the importance of consistent obedience in every thing.
March 25, 2013
"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."
You were right, I have read that a lot! We recite it almost every day in companionship study, and the first thing on the Standards of Excellence for the mission is "remember 3 Nephi 5:13".
I think that President Bell hit the nail on the head when he said diligent, 100%, all-out obedience will help in the mission field. Definitely makes it easier to focus on the hard stuff when obedience isn't hard! Power comes from obedience!!!
This week has been amazing! As always of course! Elder Munoz and I have been focusing on setting goals on a daily basis to be more prepared to receive blessings from the Lord. Going back to the whole obedience thing, hard work in the mission field does a lot, but everything we receive from Him is a blessing that we receive from obedience to His commandments!!! We have to be obedient in order for our hard work to pay off!!!
This week we had branch conference, where the stake presidency came down from Waco to minister to us. We learned about how our Father in Heaven wants us to use our agency to help Him out with his goal of Eternal Life for all man. We were in Elder's quorum and people kept mentioning families and marriages and how we can improve, then they kept saying, "but not you, Elders!!! You don't have to worry about that for a looong time!!!" "Don't think about it too much Elders!!!" It was pretty funny. At one point, Elder Munoz piped up: "We do have family prayer! We have companionship prayers all the time!"
Bryce and Katie sent me a photo book with pictures of everyone from the reunion last summer. It was nice to see yall!! ;) It's great to know that all of those kids are being raised in the Gospel and that their parents care enough for them to be married and put God first. It's really sad to see kids being raised in situations where the parents don't pay much attention to how important religion is for families to work!!!!
I love you all and thank you for your prayers!!!
God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.
No comments:
Post a Comment