Monday, August 12, 2013

Sweet Miracles!

We've had some sweet miracles happen to us this week! A referral from the bishop of a part-member family turned into 3 new investigators! The Lord's hand was at work that day!!! We visited them and they told us they had barely been talking about how they needed to find the right church! The wife is a less-active member who never knew for sure the church was true, but she wants to find out if it is. It was an incredible lesson and my testimony was strengthened that the Lord is pouring his Spirit on the inhabitants of Texas to receive us!!! We have another appointment with them this Wednesday!!

This morning I learned a lot about the Spirit's role in our studies! In Preach My Gospel there's a section with scriptures that talk about how we learn Gospel truths by the Spirit! It's kind of cool to think that our spirit can only be touched by the Holy Spirit to learn and feel new things. Another thing it says somewhere else is that we cannot learn spiritual truths without prayer. It's been a constant battle for me to improve in my prayers by praying with more faith.

Ha right now I am listening to a conversation between these people who are ALWAYS at the Library crowded around a table on their laptops. They are talking about the merits and downfalls of cream cheese, cottage cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. I love this area!!!!!! hahaha

I love all of you fantastic people!!! Be sure to keep prayer and the Spirit engrained in your day!! I'm still working on it myself, but I've seen great examples from the scriptures and on my mission and I know it will help us in whatever we need!!!!!

God Bless Texas! I am Elder Black. Thus I end mine epistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment